- Starting here and for the next few lessons I am going to direct you to my
online chess book Fun Chess Positions.
- On each page you will see 10 or more diagrams of problems for you to solve.
- On each page you will pretend that you are white and look a move that will checkmate immediately.
- Don't worry about the other pages in the book for right now.
- Try to examine every possible move for white.
- In each problem look for ways to put the black king in check.
- Ask yourself if each check is also checkmate which means that the black king can't escape attack.
- You will need to understand chess notation to understand the solutions.
- To see the solutions click on the word "solution" below each diagram.
- When you see the solution, click on it to go back to the problem.
- Click on the word "next" to advance further down the page.
- Click here to look at the first set of problems!
- When you are done then click your "BACK" button a few times to return to this page.
- Click here to go back to the front page.